We are happy to announce next year’s Parents Association Council are:
Chair – Jen Stack
Vice Chair – Jo Anne Rodgers
Secretary – Heidi Baker
Thank you Audra Duran for running the elections.
We would like to thank Auburn Wise for the amazing job she did this past year as Chair. We wish her luck on her new adventures in Hawaii!
Our new Council members are looking forward to planning another great year at Le Monde. Thank you!!
Hang out, get a glass of wine or delicious dessert and learn what’s happening in our community and how you can get involved!
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Updated Time: 5:30-7pm
Place: Pix Patisserie – 2225 E Burnside St
Social Time Begins at 5:30pm
Meeting Begins at 6:00pm
- Introductions (5 min)
- Elections (20 min) – Please email Audra at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a nomination for any of the positions: Chair, Vice Chair or Secretary. Voting will happen at the meeting.
- Jen Stack
- Open for nominations
- Vice Chair
- Jo Anne Rodgers
- Open for nominations
- Plans for end of this year and into next year. (35 min)
- Regular Friday play dates at Colonel Summers Park.
What an amazing afternoon for the 4th Annual Science Fair! Thank you to all the participants who filled the gym with fun and interesting science projects. It was a blast to look at each and every one of them.
Thank you to the volunteers who help make it happen, Diane Henkels and Dan Van Calcar for managing the whole process. Laura McMullen,
Robin Schneider, Casey Stewart, Raina Croff, and LeAnn Michaels for reviewing all of these wonderful projects. And finally to Tania Mayer for the designing and printing the beautiful certificates. THANK YOU!
Staff Appreciation Week is April 29 – May 3!
This week is dedicated to lavishing our teachers, interns and staff with gifts and words of kindness to show them just how much we appreciate all the work they do for our kids.
Monday: Breakfast potluck at both locations.
- The potluck slots were added into the regular weekly staff snack signup for April 29.
- Sign up here to bring a dish for the staff:
Tuesday: Please bring flowers or plants to share for your teacher and staff.
- There will be vases set around school.
Wednesday: Homemade cards from students to teachers and staff 🙂
Thursday: Class organized gift of teacher and staff’s favorite things.
- Please consider a $5-$10 donation to your class parent to put towards gifts for teachers and staff.
- You will receive an email soon from your class parent with details.
Friday: Happy Hour (staff only event)
- Meredith Mortensen, a Le Monde parent, has generously offered up her space and donations of food and drink for a happy hour event just for our teachers and staff at Cookshop on Clinton Street.
Thank you Le Monde community for your generous support and appreciation shown for our teachers and staff!
Parent Association Vice Chair
Parent Association Meeting Minutes – March 13, 2019
Staff Appreciation Week: Apr. 29th – May 3rd
Flowers, cards, food. Open to additional ideas.
-Meredith Moretensen, owner of Cookshop has offered to host beverages and snacks night for staff. Beverage donations from Le Monde families. Child care? Jo Anne will start to coordinate with Meredith.
-Staff bbq. Let’s try to make this a staff appreciation celebration for the end of the year.
-Check when splash pad opens at Colonel Summers.
-Few of my favorite things list for teachers, courtesy of Ashley and Michelle at Make Do Art Studio.
–Friends of Trees – April 6 th . In celebration of Earth month. See sign up genius.
–International Day, aslo April 6 th . – This is a school sponsored event, coordinated by Eva Robinson.
-Will need volunteers for set up and take down, and people to table on different countries.
-Cake walk is upstairs, crepe table – both usually needs volunteers.
-Contact Eva Robinson for more information.
–Science Fair – April 24 th after school.
Can we find a college student or professor that could do a fun experiment? Or OMSI?
Ashley will reach out to Education Director at OMSI. JT might be able to transport projects day of, if needed.
–Volunteers for La Fete – May 18 th .
This will be the volunteer opportunity for the month of May. Jo Anne will send out the sign up genius in April.
-Will need volunteers to set up and take down.
-Need approximately 10 – 12 volunteers to work the games during the party.
There was a general discussion amongst parents about the gas station next to the Burnside location.
Wednesday, March 13 — 6:30-8pm
Pix Patisserie – 2225 E Burnside St
Hang out, get a glass of wine or delicious dessert and learn what’s happening in our community and how you can get involved.
The purpose of the Association is to foster a positive spirit within the Le Monde community of parents, students, and teachers/staff as well as to assist the school in its efforts to provide the best educational opportunities and assistance to the students.C
Begin Meeting at 6:30pm
- Introductions (5min)
- Discussion of upcoming events and volunteer opportunities (30min)
- Staff Appreciation Week planning (April 29-March 3)
- Staff BBQ ideas, location, planning…The PA wants to host a BBQ for the staff and teachers.
- Community Events Update (5min)
- Discussion about the location of playgrounds for next year. There is some concern about a playground being next to the gas station fumes. (10min)
Meet adjourns at 8pm
Le Monde families had a wonderful time bowling together after early release on Friday. We were able to raise $559 for the school and have a lot of fun!
Parents bowled or got to relax and chat with other parents while the kids had a blast bowling.
We are always on the lookout for more fun social events like this. Shoot us an email if you have any ideas.