Le Monde Parents Regular Meeting
Monday, June 1, 2015
about 4:00 – about 5:00 p.m.
Lucky Lab Beer Hall
1945 NW Quimby St.
The purpose of the Association is to foster a positive spirit within the Le Monde community of parents, students, and teachers/staff as well as to assist the school in its efforts to provide the best educational opportunities and assistance to the students. Therefore, the mission of the Association shall be:
- Community Building
- Parent Education
- School Spirit
- School Support
At all times, the Association will cooperate and consult with the school administration to ensure that the nature of its activities and the manner and timing of its contributions are consistent with the School’s educational purpose and needs.
Le Monde Parents Business
- Introduce attendees. (10 minutes)
- Volunteers needed for the Fall Potluck (10 minutes)
- Parent of a 2015-16 Kindergartner with an older sibling at Le Monde needed for organizing Kindergarten Playdates in the Summer (5 minutes)
- Science Fair Sponsorship: About $200 (10 minutes)
- Science Fair Grants: Ask PPS Resources
- Sources for Low-cost Supplies: Ask other schools
- Business Sponsorship (place their logo on certificates, etc.): Find Science/STEM-oriented businesses that are not the usual targets of Le Monde Fundraising
- Family Directory (10 minutes)
- Organizing Carpooling
- Ideas for Helping Parents Connect
- Planning for French Culture and Parent Education presentations or activities during 2015-2016 (10 minutes)
- Special Election (5 minutes)
- Vice-Chair: Phil Duong is running unopposed.
- Secretary: Call for nominations.